Fudge is something I really miss, being all dairy free (from cow milk), and always trying to make something similar, so I found this recipe and decided to give it ago – turns out, it’s delicious. As this also is made with peanut butter, its a match made in heaven. Super easy to make and can sit in your freezer for a long time – if it lasts that long that is.
- 120 g desiccated unsweetened coconut
- 250 g creamy peanut butter
- 120 ml melted coconut oil
- 5 tbsp maple syrup
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Prep two loaf pans or boxes with some greaseproof non-stick paper
- In a food processor or blender, blend the coconut until smooth. The coconut might need a little swirl with a spoon once in between the blending process.
- Add the melted coconut oil, the peanut butter and maple syrup. If the batter gets too thick, add more melted coconut oil
- Add the sea salt and vanilla extract and season and sweeten after taste
- Pour the batter into the trays and freeze for about 20 min, take them out and cut out squares with a hot knife
- Let soften a minute or two before serving
Note: Can be kept in the fridge for around 10 days or in the freezer for 1 month
Inspired by Minimalist baker