When the evening is lurking around the corner, I have the tendency to get the chocolate cravings coming over me – so I found that a rich chocolate truffle can do the trick. Of course not every day(?..) , but once in awhile can’t harm anyone.
This one is super easy to make with few ingredients, all dairy-, gluten free and vegan, and can be kept in the fridge for a few days – if they last that long that is.
- 250 g dark dairy free chocolate (75% or higher)
- 90 ml coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 25 g unsweetened cocoa powder
- Chop up the chocolate and melt over a water bath
- Heat the coconut milk in a sauce pan on medium heat, until it starts to simmer
- Pour the coconut milk over the melted chocolate and cover with a lid. Do not touch it for a few minutes before gently stir it without incorporate the air to avoid making bubbles
- Add the vanilla extract and stir gently
- Set the mixture aside in the fridge for around 3 hours or until solid
- Pour the cocoa powder into a cup and take the mixture out of the fridge
- Scoop out some mixture and mold into small balls before rolling them gently in the cocoa powder
- Let them set in the fridge
- Note; Take them around 10 min before serving, letting them melt and get that creamy texture